Sunday, February 15, 2015

Winter Wonderland Invitations Part 1

Winter is almost over so I thought I would say goodbye to it by showing you my collection of Winter Wonderland or Frozen theme invitations. I sure made lots of them this winter thanks to Disney's beautiful movie.

It all started 2 years ago with my friend's Raluca's wedding. Read the story about her invitations here. Not too many people get married in winter so she made a real impression.

I made the same design for baby baptism this year.





***
WATERCOLOR and GLITTER WINTER BIRTHDAY INVITATIONS



I made these in full summer. That was when I realized not only Australia but also Brasil had winter when we had summer.

The pictures don't show their real beauty.
Each page was painted with two shades of shimmery watercolors, then we added white glitter for extra sparkle.

Same treatment for the snowflakes.
There is something zen about making invitations by hand. I mean really by hand not like printing a full color invitation and tying a bow on it.


***
'FROZEN' BABY BOY STATIONERY

You already know this set from my Winter Wonderland guestbook post, but I wanted to show you more pictures of the money envelopes.


They were inspired by this one. I really like the vintage cottage feel you get by printing on textured cream paper.


***
INVITATIONS FOR A WINTER WEDDING IN PARIS
with
GLASS BEADS SNOWFLAKES

Working with Ailin was such a wonderful experience. She was one of those non-Bridezillas who know what they want, yet they give you breathing space, who have a clear deadline but they don't e-mail you every day to see how their order goes. Thank you, Ailin, I will always treasure making these for you.



Hand stamped snowflakes on the envelopes using 2 shades of blue to match the beads colors.

Here is what I started from. Mixing beads is even better than mixing paint. That is why I am a stationery artist, not a painter :)


And the matching guest book I made for Ailin.


1 comment:

Catrick said...

Beautiful as usual, Meda.