Monday, December 29, 2008

Poppy Field - My First Acrylic on Canvas (Camp cu maci - primul meu acrilic pe panza)



One day at the beginning of the month a friend asked me for a gift idea for her daughter's kindergarten teacher. I don't remember if I had the idea of a painting right away but a week later I was painting this poppy field. It took me some courage to accept this commission because it was an all new stuff to me: first time painting on canvas, first time painting with acrylics, first time painting poppies, first time taking a painting commission.

It was very challenging to paint it especially because I had limited time too. I would have liked to work more on the field behind the poppies (the middle ground) but there was no time to see my art teacher and ask for advice.

Anyway, the final result and the way the painting was received by my friend and other friends who saw it were very rewarding and encouraging.

I'd like to take this occasion to thank my husband for all his support. His encouragements have contributed a lot to what I am today, especially when it comes to self esteem.



La inceputul lunii, o prietena m-a rugat sa-i dau o idee de cadou pentru educatoarea fiicei sale. Nu stiu daca ideea unui tablou mi-a venit pe loc, dar o saptamana mai tarziu pictam acest camp cu maci. A fost nevoie de ceva curaj sa accept comanda, avand in vedere ca era ceva cu totul nou pentru mine: prima data cand pictam pe panza, prima data cand pictam cu acril, prima data cand pictam maci, prima data cand pictam la comanda.

Timpul foarte scurt pe care l-am avut la dispozitie a fost de asemenea o provocare. Mi-ar fi placut sa mai lucrez la campul din planul mijlociu (intre cer si macii din prim-plan), dar nu a mai fost timp sa cer sfatul profesorului de pictura.

Cu toate acestea, rezultatul final si modul in care prietena mea a primit tabloul au fost o foarte mare rasplata si m-au incurajat extraordinar de mult.

Cu ocazia acesta as dori sa-i multumesc din suflet sotului meu pentru tot spriinul pe care mi-l acorda. Incurajarile sale au contribuit in mare parte la ceea ce sunt astazi, mai ales atunci cand vine vorba de stima de sine.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, Meda! That's absolutely beautiful poppy field. I bet that was one happy kindergarten teacher. Great job. Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Donna
Bloomington, IN

Anonymous said...

Hi Meda ! A lot of first times for this painting, but the result is really brilliant.

Maia T said...

It is a lovely painting, a good composition and the colors are so vibrant. Good work.
I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, with many beautiful paintings.

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW -- this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

Happy New Year!!

LIL.LU BIJOUX said...

Foarte frumos acest tablou !Nu are rost sa mai spun ca ador macii....sunt minunate tablourile tale cu maci !

Anonymous said...

A wonderful painting - your experience in design really comes through in your composition. I also am a designer working on my first acrylic in over 25 years. Hope it turns out half as nice.

Meda said...

Thank you for the lovely comment. This painting is from the time I didn't have a curious toddler wanting to open every paint tube and taste it. It will probably be a few years until I can paint again.